Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Review : YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Lipsticks & MAC Lipsticks

Hey ladies~

Today I would like to share my opinion on some of the lipsticks that I have. They are from YSL and MAC

Lets start with the YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ

I own (from left to right)
#1 Nude Beige
#2 Sensual Silk
#13 Peach Passion
#7 Lingerie Pink

I found that the description on Sephora website is misleading. It says that #1 is creamy neutral beige and #2 is creamy pinkish beige which it should be the other way around. #1 is clearly pink and #2 is beige. I'm not a big fan of beige/nude lipstick, but out of these four, #2 is my fave. It appear to be sort of nude color on my lips. I personally think that nude lipsticks are hard to wear. But not this one. It looks really natural on me. I really like it, two thumbs up! :D

They're all very moisturizing and non drying. It has a strong fragrance smell added to it which I don't really mind. If you hate makeup with strong smell, avoid YSL!
They are not long wearing. I have to reapply after few hours or after eating.
The packaging is pretty but heavy so it's not convinient for traveling but it will not stop me from buying more... :)


Here are some of MAC lipstick that I own
Angel (Frost)
Creme Cup (Cremesheen)
Viva Glam Gaga (Lustre)
Viva Glam Cyndi (Lustre)



Don't pick up both Angel and Creme Cup like me! They're identical.
After seeing the pictures above, I realize that I actually wear Angel more often than Creme Cup. Hahaha. IDK why.

I noticed that MAC lipsticks also have a smell, um something like vanilla?
I like YSL's smell better than MAC's
Some people say that MAC lustre lipsticks are moisturizing but YSL lipsticks are far more moisturizing than MAC's in my opinion.
However, MAC lipsticks are travel friendly. I keep Creme Cup on my purse all the time in case I forget to bring the lipstick that I wear that day. :D


I hope you enjoy my review...

and yes... I'm a huge fan of lipsticks~
I own around 50 of them... :D

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Robolegojupiter said...

Sooo many lippies! I don't really like strong fragrance but I do admit I like Beaute de Kose's Fantasist and it has a distinct fragrance.

I would like to try a higher end lippie :)

ipehishere said...

wow nice collection, never try YSL before! but now make me want to put in my buy list next month

Sara said...

Thanks for the review doll! I want Sensual Silk and Tender Peach BADLY! ♥ best wishes*

Suzanna said...

hey girl! I was sneaking around and saw your wish list and how you wanted to boybait, I started laughing, at my self, of course! before MAC decided they wanted to scare the world and discontinue the creamsheen boybait, I ordered about 14 of them from all over the U.S! (im down to 2 left) so SUPER excited to see that they are out again, or at least close to the original ones. Im not a MAC expert so all theses collections get me confused :) BTW GREAT lippie collection!!

xxx suzanna

miss wiggle said...

YSL lipstick packaging is gorgeous, but somehow the yellow gold look turns me off a bit. Wish they came out with ones in silver tubes. ;P

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

thanks for the swatches doll! nude beige and sensual silk are so pretty!! i hope to try these someday :) xx

Olivia said...

The lippies are wonderful!These are the same coulour I'd choose :)

Awaiting said...

i really want to by the gaga lipsticks. :( :(

too bad we don't have MAC here. dahhh.

Samantha said...

Wow you have alot of lipsticks!! Im still growing my collection lol! Great blog (:

Follow mine, you'll love it!

http://onehotmesss.blogspot.com/

Keyta Hawkins said...

Woow, loving that YSL collection! xxx

Delyteful Speaks said...

I looove Viva Glam Cyndi!